- Comments: 0
- 20 January 2016 13:15
- in Community
- Visits: 1011
- Last Modified: 21 January 2016 10:44
Recently released statistics from the British Heart Foundation show that 75% of the UK population are unaware of the minimum physical activity guidelines, that are needed to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
A survey commissioned by BHF showed that:
- 20% of UK adults openly admit to not exercising
- 45% of Brits have not run at all in the past year
- 14% admit to finding exercise boring
- 25% blame their lack of physical activity on bad weather
- 26% state they do not have enough time to exercise
- 34% admit they are too lazy to exercise
Over half (51%) of Brits believe a minimum of 20 minutes exercise, such as brisk walking, at least three times a week will suffice for their exercise requirement. However according to the report on physical activity for health from the four home countries’ Chief Medical Officers we should aim for a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity every week, such as brisk walking or cycling - only 17% of people are aware of this.
For more information please visit The British Heart Foundation